Halloween safety tips for keeping children safe when trick or treating
Many Australians now celebrate Halloween each year, which occurs annually on October 31. Costume parties are held and many children go trick-or-treating around this time of the year.
The observance of Halloween originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts. The evening before was known as All Hallows Eve, and later Halloween.
Halloween is an exciting time for both kids and adults. From trick-or-treating for candy to dressing up in exciting costumes. Halloween is that one night a year that everyone in the family gets to enjoy together. However, along with all of the spooktacular fun comes a few potential safety issues that you should keep in mind.
Use these helpful tips and tricks to keep you and your loved ones safe this Halloween!
- Plan a route in advance and avoid long treks.
- Wear comfortable, well-fitting shoes. Double-knot shoelaces to avoid tripping.
- Make sure all costumes are short to avoid tripping.
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers choosing light colours.
- Skip masks which are difficult for your child to see or breathe and use face paint/makeup.
- Check your child’s sweets. Throw away any sweets that are not in their original wrapping.
- Ensure your kids only visit houses that have their lights on.
- Make sure your kids know to never go inside someone’s house.
- Trick or treat only in well-lit areas. Stay on streets that you are familiar with.
- Eat before going – to avoid overloading on sweets and chocolate.
- Driving during Halloween – watch out for excitable trick or treaters.
- Don’t feed any Halloween treats to your pets!
Halloween also marks in the calendar the start of the count down until Christmas. For great ideas for quality, long lasting, cost effective and our most popular wooden toys for presents this Christmas visit our AMouseWithAHouse Online Toy Store.
- By Admin January 15, 2020
Christmas Pre-Orders, New Brands Grapat & Waytoplay, New Holztiger InStock plus… Holztiger Giveaway CompetitionBy Admin September 26, 2019
- By Admin September 20, 2019
Sign up to our Newsletter
Save 10% on your initial order!
Top Rated Products
- Legler - Magnets Dinosaur
- NIC - Creamobil Wooden Truck Base Model Short AUD$ 139.95
- Legler - Railway Switches
- Legler - Cube Puzzle Bear
- Legler - Fraction Expert
- Legler - Hamburger and Sandwich
- Legler - Stencil Set
- Legler - Cookware Red
- Legler - Circus Frame Puzzle
- NIC - Birthday Train with 45cm Track AUD$ 94.90
- NIC - Trolley Shape Sorter - Bio Assortment AUD$ 99.95
- Drewart - Wooden Castle small AUD$ 280.00
- Legler - Treasure Chest AUD$ 19.90
- Legler - Learn the Alphabet Family of Bears
- Goki - Stacking Donkey AUD$ 34.95
- Grimm's Land Yacht with 4 sailors AUD$ 74.90
- Legler - Fire Brigade
- Goki - Accessories Living Room and Bedroom AUD$ 17.90
- Legler - Fire Station Cardboard Doll's House
- Holztiger - Foal, standing, light brown AUD$ 18.90
- Holztiger - Hare, small, running AUD$ 12.90
- Goki - Balloon Boat AUD$ 9.95